Today was a depressing day. I went to the Mauthausen Concentration Camp. I was able to view the quarry, the gas chamber, and more. At least I got a Magnum bar! We all drive to Rothenberg ob der Tauber in Germany, where we came to a small and simple bed and breakfast with BEDBUGS! Ugh! My skin is still crawling... Hannah and I were in the only bed with them. Yeah, we didn't sleep in that room at all.
Pictures from today:
Pictures from today:
![]() |
| Not the cheeriest place... |
![]() |
| Memorials |
![]() |
| Names of those who died... |
![]() |
| Plus a whole room of names. |
![]() |
| The Gas Chamber ™ |
![]() |
| Where they baked people like bread. |
![]() |
| Don't let the bed bugs bite! |







Depressing, indeed. We humans need to learn to be kind without thinking about it. Have you read The Book Thief? I highly recommend it, it tells the story of a girl in Germany during WWII.
ReplyDelete