Day 6: 7/4

Sorry about the late post! I was plain EXHAUSTED last night. I'll still talk in present tense as though I'm talking about yesterday being today...
Today was exhausting. Our family (except my dad) got on a bus towards Budapest, the capital of Hungary. The ride was almost 3 hours. My mom went to a bank to exchange Euros for forints. We took a funicular up to Buda Hill. At the top, there were some creepy stiff soldiers guarding a government building. We wandered around looking at old, weird buildings and ruins in the ground. Hannah took too many pictures and made our visit longer than needed. And there were too many stairs. My mom took an incredibly long time trying to figure out the transportation system, so we didn't get much time at the BATHS! Yes, baths. But not like bathing, they're just swimming pools and mineral pools. I had so much fun that I forgot to take pictures... Sorry! There were four water slides, and I went down all of them but one. The first one I tried was a very steep and long yellow one. I made my mom go first to see how fast it went. It looked fun so I tried it. It went too fast. I squealed on the way down and got a wedgie... My sister says I looked really funny when I came down with all limbs stuck out, trying to slow it down. That didn't work... Megan and I fooled around in the kiddie pool where they had little slides and a big cat thing that was slippery and hard to climb. I was trying to get up the cat but it was hard, so Megan have gave me a boost that sent me over the cat and into the 1 foot deep water head first. It was actually really fun! On the little baby slides, Megan got stuck because she was a bit big for it. We received a wonderful suggestion to go to this one restraunt for dinner which was A REALLY good suggestion because it was all to die for! I got paprika catfish with cream cheese noodles. My drink was melon lemonade. It was so good! While digesting, we walked along the Danube to see all the pretty lights. The Parliament building was gorgeous during the night. Our rented one night apartment was super sketchy and creepy. There were also a bunch of bars and drunkards right across the street being noisy. So much for a good night's sleep!

Pictures from today:
The chain bridge

View from the bridge

Neat church!

Yummy food!

An insanely loud party boat on the Danube with disco lights and tons of people!

The parliament building

The parliament building number two

Comments